Thursday, January 07, 2010
* The Bosstones at The Middle East can't be beat! I still love my old 'hood.
* If your name is one of the about 550,000 in the intelligence database, you should not be able to get on a plane coming to the U.S.A. I see no reason to have a "no fly" subset. No one has a right to fly. I hoped and thought to be, in part, voting for a more competent Executive Branch.
* Watch The League on hulu.com. It is the best "free" comedy.
* For everyone trying to shed a few LBs, given it's the start of a new year, and I hope it is many, the formula is simple: calories burned > calories consumed = weight loss.
* Unless we had a year 0, which I don't believe we have record of, then the decade runs from 2001-2010 and NOT 2000-2009.
* The media needs to calm down with vilification of Scott Boras. If the reports are correct, Adrian Beltre "left money on the table" to sign with the Red Sox. This may not happen often with Boras' clients, but could it be that the players are driving the charge for every last penny and not the agent? Could it be that Boras, his clients and to a lesser extent the MLB owners want the media and fans to blame the agent instead of the product/player for being greedy?