.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 30, 2009

MY FANTASY BASEBALL AUCTION

The volatile nature of pitching performance, relative to hitters, usually gears my dollar budget to hitters. But with three of the top 15 hitters (Ian Kinsler, Boss-man Junior Upton, Kevin Youkilis) in our fantasy baseball world - AL only and no MFY, my auction objective was to focus on pitching. The goal was accomplished.

League Parameters: $100 budget, eight team, 5x5 with OBP and HRA

Keepers:
Kinsler - 13
Upton - 12
Youk - 5
Kazmir - 7

Auctioned:
Jonathan Papelbon - 15
Zack Geinke - 15
Matt Wieters - 10
John Danks - 5
Matt Garza - 4
Mike Napoli - 4
Kevin Slowey - 3
Jack Cust - 2
Jed Lowrie - 2
J.D. Drew - 1
John Smoltz - 1
Naftali Feliz - 1

Only James Shields and Geinke were high production and low health risk starters. When Shields came off the board, I couldn't loose out on Geinke so I overpaid. My system had Wieters a buck lower with 370 plate appearances. I think he gets 450. Nabbing Napoli and his 20+ homers at catcher is worth $4, although my batting average could suffer.

Danks and Garza are both health risks due to big innings jumps last year. But at those prices with their stuff, it was worth the investment. Slowey is my pitching sleeper. The system had him valued at $8 and limited injury potential.

Lowrie, Cust and Drew assist in filling out my roster at low cost with some upside. Lowrie played with a bad wrist that the system does not consider. If platooned, Cust's batting average could be better than the projection. Is this the year Drew gets 600 plate appearances? Smoltz and Feliz are summer fantasy lottery tickets that could allow me to trade a starter in July. Overall, I'm happy with my team. I think I have a shot but doesn't everyone say that.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2