Wednesday, October 03, 2007
* Stealth informed me in the comments section that Lester and Ellsbury are taking Clement and Donnelly’s DL spots. I forgot Lester was sent down for Lopez in late August so the Sox could not have had Moss on the roster as well.
* If Garrett Anderson’s front eye (his right) is swollen, then he might have more difficulty picking up the ball from Javier Lopez side arm delivery.
* Could Jered Weaver make a relief appearance tonight? If the Sox have righties lined up like Lugo, DP and Youk or Manny and Lowell, it makes sense. Weaver hasn’t pitched since Sunday (only 86 pitches) and won’t go again for three days. This could be his day to throw on the side anyway.
* It goes without saying that Reggie “What you talkin’ ‘bout” Willits and Chone Figgins could have a tough time playing in the unique Fenway outfield, but the Sox should also test Figgins arm out in right field. LAA might not be the only team going first to third in this series.
* Gary Darling will be calling ball and strikes tonight. He does not give too many free passes. Darling is eighth out of 75 umpires in allowing runners to take their base with a minimum of 250 innings worked. A relatively larger strikezone would seem to favor LAA, as the Sox patience may not pay off at the plate.