Tuesday, October 16, 2007
* Westbrook beat the Red Sox. He pitched well and got a little lucky.
* Dice-K made a terrible mistake to Lofton and it killed the Sox.
* The home plate umpire was awful last night. He was inconsistent - a small zone early and a huge zone late.
* On a positive note, the pen has been on. The starters just need to give them a lead.
* After seeing David Ortiz’s more upright stance, it was not a surprise to learn that Superman is hurting. I believe that his crouch at the plate helps him generate loft and power.
* Coco Crisp is useless at the plate right now. It is time for Jacoby Ellsbury. The Sox don‘t give up much or anything in the field and Ellsbury can‘t be any worse at the plate than Coco.
* Bobby Kielty has raked against Paul Byrd going 333/355/800 with four homers in 30 at-bats. Ortiz and Lowell also hit Byrd well in 20 or more at-bats. The Sox should put up some crooked numbers tonight.
* Does the knuckler float like butterfly making bats miss or does it get stung around the park tonight?