.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 01, 2007

SCHILLING NOTE THE NIGHT BEFORE JIMMY BUFFETT

Ultimately Schilling engineered a package so unorthodox few agents would have sought it: a two-year, $27.5 million extension, with a sweetener--if he helped the Red Sox win a World Series, he would be given a $2 million salary bump, plus an extra year at $13 million. The league prohibits paying a single player a bonus based on a team's overall standing, but baseball officials approved it nonetheless. "It had never been done before," Schilling says, "but I knew what they wanted me there for. And if I delivered, I deserved it. If I didn't, I didn't."

After reading this it made me think that if Schilling had an agent, he would not have had the W.S. sweetener and may not have gotten the unique surgery. Anyway, I really don't care it was just a thought.

Schilling was legendary back in 2004. I got to sit behind home plate versus the Rangers that season and I have no clue how anyone could ever hit Schilling's split. Every hardcore fan needs to sit behind the plate to really appreciate just how sick these players are. Man, I want that pitcher back for a two months!

***

This post made possible by TicketLiquidator, your broker for baseball tickets and other cheap tickets.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2