Monday, September 24, 2007
* Why aren’t Baseball Tonight’s web gems on the world wide web? ESPN could have visitors vote for the best ones of the week. I guess it just makes too much sense.
* FYI - free 411 from Google at 1-800-GOOG-411. Free cell phones might be next.
* The Xlerator should be the only hand dryer allowed in a public restroom. It is the only one that really dries your hands.
* The possibility of the Tribune Co. separately selling the Cubs, Wrigley Field and the 25% stake in Comcast Sportsnet should get Oprah involved. The big draw for Oprah would be to broadcast Cubs games on her Oxygen cable channel allowing her to increase the monthly subscription fee to cable and satellite providers. With Oxygen in over 71 million homes, an increase of only $.20 would generate $170 million in incremental revenue per year. This is not news to Oprah as her Chair and CEO of Oxygen Media is also on the YES Network Board of Advisory, Geraldine Laybourne, and a co-founder of Oxygen is known other than Tom Werner.
* AOL could increase subscribers by exclusively showing their sister company, HBO’s hot shows - Sopranos, Big Love, etc., after the series airs on the premium channel.
* The man’s equivalent to the engagement diamond ring could be custom golf clubs or preloaded ipod with all of his favorite songs. We get screwed in the whole wedding thing. In protest, I’m giving Halo3 as a engagement gift.
* In Manny’s last season, NESN should have him miked with a camera on him at all times. We are talking an award winning comedy series. Fu*k Sox Appeal.
* El Guapo’s Ghost is a rationalist too.
This post made possible by TicketLiquidator, your broker for baseball tickets and other cheap tickets.