Tuesday, July 24, 2007
* Jon Lester pitched very well. He got a little out of sync, but a nice performance and I’ve never been high on Lester. I think of him, and still do, as a third or fourth starter on a playoff team.
* NESN jumping to Jon Lester’s parents was over done. It was similar to Fox during the playoffs. I hope they discussed it with the couple and Lester before showing the couple multiple times each inning.
* Thankfully, pitchers still think they can blow a high fastball by Dustin Pedroia. Those seem like the only pitches he can hit out of the park.
* Even though I wouldn’t trust Mike Timlin with guys on base, he is getting outs. It will be interesting to see what Timlin’s role will be when Brendan Donnelly is healthy.
* Even though Jake Westbrook got it handed to him, he saved the Indians pen. If he was knocked out in the third or fourth inning, it could have put Cleveland behind the eight ball in the series.