Tuesday, March 13, 2007
* You’re sports team can’t be a called a “ BLANK nation” unless you sell out every game. The term is getting thrown around carelessly.
* Fresh Coffee delivery is a must! I should not have to leave my apartment when it is below zero to get my caffeine fix.
* After disappointing finishes to both the Sox and Pats seasons, our teams go out and arguably sign the best “free agents” - Thomas and Dice-K - on the market and others to fill major voids - Lugo and Stallworth. It is good to a Boston sports fan. In some respects, we deserve it given our support.
* Is it me or can anyone get a handicap parking tag?
* You know you are getting old when…bands you love are now playing at local clubs.
* Stranger than Fiction is an innovative, smart, funny film. It is very good and gets El Guapo’s Ghost highest recommendation. But it is not better than Who Killed the Electric Car?
* Dan Cook is not funny. Period.
* Gift cards are okay, but we need to bring back CASH as a gift. My dealer and bookie only take cash. Cash is an acceptable gift.
* Thursdays at 9pm must be the steel cage match of television - the OC, CSI, Grey’s Anatomy and 30 Rock. I like 30 Rock - Alec Baldwin is borderline hilarious, the storylines are relatively unique, and I have kind of a crush on Tina Fey.
* Less than a month to go for the start of Sox season, Sopranos, the Shield…oh and Entourage too.
* James Mann’s The China Fantasy: How Our Leaders Explain Away Chinese Repression is a highly interesting take on our relationship with a rising power. He gives an opposing view on the prevailing notion that China will inevitably become a multi-party system with the influx of trade. It is an easy and short read on a complicated topic.
* An excerpt of the Chris Matthews Show regarding Presidential Candidate Guiandi:
Joe Klein: We know where Rudy is from.
Neal O’Donnell: Yeah.
Klein: And he also has to overcome the fact that he's a Yankee fan.
The political power of Red Sox Nation.