Sunday, September 17, 2006
* The Pats made some questionable play calls. In the second quarter, 3-and-5 and the Pats give the ball to Kevin Faulk. Why not throw the ball? And why Faulk and not Maroney? The second weird decision was a third down call on the Jets two going with a quick pass to Gabriel in the endzone when the offensive line was dominating the Jets. Any of the trio could have run it in for six or even Brady.
* The Pats switch it up going to a 4-3 defense. They always said it is fairly easy to change it up.
* Gabriel was unimpressive. Chad Jackson looked better, but he dropped a TD pass in the second before getting one on the very same drive. And Troy Brown is just Troy Brown.
* Seymour is an animal!
* Tom Brady made a mistake - throwing a bomb that got intercepted when the Pats were up three scores. There was no need to go for it all. On the Jets next series, Vince Wilfork's mental error - unnecessary roughness - made the game close. These two rarely make mistakes that cost the team.
* After the training staff helped Dillon off the field, the TV camera went over to investigate and someone from the Pats put his hand up to block the camera. CBS then went back to the action on the field. When CBS went back to check on Dillon and the trainers, a Pats staffer was standing right between the camera and Dillon. The media gets nothing. As usual, Brady will be listed as probable on Wednesday.