Monday, July 12, 2004
The Sox are eight back of the MFY and three back in the Wild Card going into a critical six game home stand before the Break. The Sox will win four or more this week. It will prove to be the turning point in the season and the club will go into the Break on a high note. The extra time off will aid in healing the walking wounded. And the second half will show that the Sox are a better club than their first half record indicates.
My money spend on Miss Cleo finally paid off. The Sox are certainly in a good position going into the second half of the season considering their runs scored/allowed and the returns of Nomar, Trot and Ferris B/Mueller. The Sox still have issues (the pen is slumping, the health of Kim and Williamson, DLowe’s inconsistency, the lack of viable platoon mates for Big Poppi and Nixon and fielding), but the good certainly outweigh the bad and the club’s Hubbie Brown “upside” is huge.
• The Pedro bobble head doll is hilarious.
• Dr. Morgan thanks again. Mike Gonzalez would have looked good jogging in from right field.
• Spiderman 2 is awesome! Kirsten Dunst is my movie girlfriend but I think she looked better in the first Spidie and certainly in Bring It On.
• I have no issues with Manny sitting out yesterday’s game, unless he plays in the All-Star game. Everyone needs to take him at his word until his actions prove otherwise.
• Talk about living off Dad’s success. Thurmon Munson’s kid proposed in front of his father’s plaque this weekend. The Dr. Melfis of the world discuss amongst your selves.
• Norman Chad could not ease up for a second on the Brit, Vogul. Chad, are you a little jealous of the influx of new wildly successful players like Vogul and Moneymaker into your old boy game?
• The Celtics are almost “dead to me” like the B’s. With all of the great players on the move this summer, Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac, S. Franchise, the Celtics’ big move is resigning Mark Blount. I echo a buddy of mine that said, “Can we trade Walker for Cuban?”