Tuesday, July 20, 2004
• My evil plan to destroy the Lakers is taking shape. Kobe will soon be heading to jail and then the Lakers will not be granted a cap exception. Ha--------. Ha------------. Ha------------ in Vincent Price’s voice like in the first M.J.’s Thriller.
• Perhaps Kobe’s contract is not guaranteed if convicted, but shouldn’t ESPN explain this as part of their near round the clock coverage of L.A. thing.
• Bellhorn should be playing when Lowe pitches. The club needs all of the offense it can get.
• Da Ali G Show is a must see. The jury is still out on Entourage.
• Anna is playing World Team Tennis in High Def. Some things were just meant to be like peanut butter and jelly.
• Do pint glasses really get cleaned when they are just doused in soapy water and then clean water?
• A casino should be in every airport in America.
• Every subscriber to Baseball Prospectus should buy Nate Silver a beer for mocking Willy Mo Pena’s PECOTA projection - 263/334/496 with 18 homers in 310 at-bats. Pena is hitting 299/344/559 with 13 tall jacks in 177 at-bats.
• Are all hardcore female baseball fans connected to New York, Chicago, New England, or St. Louis?
• I’m sad to see Carl Everett traded from Montreal. I wanted to go up and thank him for three things: 1) always playing hard, 2) fighting off a fastball up and in from Mussina, when he could barely walk, for a bloop hit breaking up the MFY’s perfect game at Fenway, and 3) coining the nickname Curly Haired Boy.