.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Q&A with Jim Caple

Jim Caple is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He is a frequent contributor to ESPN.com: Page2. Caple’s regular OFF BASE column is a must read for baseball fans as well as his hilarious Yankee hating articles.

El Guapo’s Ghost: Who comes up with the idea that you are going to take a road trip across I-90, down the Mississippi, or visit the campuses of the Final Four teams?

Jim Caple: That's mostly me, though my editor, Kevin Jackson, thought of the Mississippi tour. Next month I'll drive the Lewis and Clark trail.

EGG: Which is your favorite location/experience that you have written about?

J.C.: There's too many to choose from, but among my favorites are the '94 winter Olympics, the 2000 Olympics, the 98 home run race, Cal Ripken's streak, the 1991 World Series, the 1995 Mariners playoffs. Memorable locations are inside the green monster, townball in stark Minnesota, high school football in the Mississippi delta and Lillehammer for the Olympics.

EGG: I can't seem to figure out which is your favorite MLB club – the Red Sox, Cubs, Mariners or Twins. What cap is in your closet?

J.C.: I grew up rooting for the Giants and Red Sox. I covered both the Twins and Mariners, so I have interest in them. I also root for the underdogs so I like the Cubs. I don't root so much for teams anymore, but for stories. But I guess the giants, mariners and twins are my favorites.

EGG: How did you become such a big Yankee hater?

J.C.: Isn't everyone? Seriously, they're a national punchline that everyone can understand. I could make jokes about the Mariners but no one outside of Seattle would get them. Joke about the Yankees and everyone understands.

EGG: Do you want to see a Cubs-Red Sox World Series? Personally, I want the Sox to beat the Astros. The notion of sticking it to Clemens and A.P. would be icing on the cake.

J.C.: Cubs/Red Sox series would be the ultimate. I would have to retire from sports.

EGG: Since Ben Affleck is becoming the poster boy for Red Sox Nation, I think he should have to donate the $12.5 million he made for "acting" in "Gigli" and start a Save Pedro and Nomar from the Evil Empire Foundation. My bet would be that SPNFEEF would have a budget of $20 million by the end of the season. Thoughts?

J.C.: An excellent idea. Better yet, people could make donations for him not to make another movie.

EGG: Thanks again.
J.C.: You're welcome.

|



<< Home

2 Old Comments:

Consider the power of being able to create incoming links to your site any time you want them...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 AM  

Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 AM  

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2