.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 07, 2004

NON-BASEBALL RELATED RAMBLINGS

After returning from Key West on Wednesday (BTW, my Key West name is Rookie thanks to Mike Eden), I went to see Lewis Black with a friend. It was a great show. Lewis Black gets El Guapo’s Ghost’s highest approval rating. Black’s show was funnier than Jon Stewart’s.

During the break of the show, EGG was debating whether or not to watch the last final “Friends” show. After too much thought, I decided that I should watch the freaking show so I don’t look like a complete social outcast this weekend. I am finding that most women don’t want to talk about the probability of Mark Bellhorn having an OBP > 400 at the end of this season. So I went with a Sox-Friends spilt screen.

I recall now why I stopped watching the show. The Artist Formerly Known As the Boston Sports Guy got it right:

“To everyone's eternal horror, "Friends" had evolved into a Chick Show (the dreaded cousin to the Chick Flick).”

What I did learn from the article is that I may have to start watching the “The OC.” I am a closet 90210 fan. I got hooked one summer. After working the morning shift in a hot warehouse, I would come home and veg-out from 3 until dinner like in elementary school. The only non-cartoon show on was 90210. Now I get my fix on the Saturday mornings when I am hung over on FX.

Sorry back to “The OC.” Once the AFKABSG, said

“…then falls for the next-door neighbor (Marissa), a rich chick who has a thing for brooding short guys with no money and no hope.”

Well, folks that's me. My oldest friend, Scott, thinks I am George Costanza. I guess it is a toss up or a combo. Anyway, I maybe able to relate to that character and hopefully my new neighbor will be like Marissa.

I'll be in Boston for the Sox game on Saturday as I venture with 20 or so friends to the Fenway bleachers. We will likely head to Dick’s after the game. EGG readers are welcome too. I'll have a El Guapo t-shirt on my back.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2