.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

UPADATE
Too much was written about Opening Day...so I didn't. Tomorrow will be roto talk, then I am off to Baltimore for the last game of the series and other "activities" in the Inner Harbor. I'll report back next week.

MLB EXTRA INNINGS PREVIEW
Observations while watching the Indians-Twins and Giants-Astros games last night:
• Barry Bonds is sick. He is so money and everyone knows it, but our old friend Jimy “butt bumping” Williams, who leaves in Oswalt to pitch to the greatest ballplayer of all-time and pays for it.
• Northeast Ohio and not Cleveland is used to describe the metro-area more times than not.
• C.C. could be special – don’t over use him, Mr. Wedge.
• It was nice to watch a good fielding team, the Twins; they all can flash the leather. Doug Menaslfjsftat is underrated. He may not hit for power, but he gets on base and I bet he saves a ton of runs picking poor throws.
• Chris Berman is done. Berman and Joe Morgan doing a Sox game would be very painful.
• The Cleveland announcers tried to relate every outcome of a batted ball in play to the new carpet at the Metrodome. It is was funny at first, then...I switched to Berman, then...to Jon Stewart.
• Fox Sports uses the same ad concept for all of their regional channels. New England sports fans aren’t special according to Fox. What B.S.

BLOGS
Alex Belth had an interview with Bill James. James reply to Belth’s question regarding his opinion on NYC and MFY is below:

BJ: Well, I love New York City, to begin with, and I wouldn't exactly say that I hate the Yankees. I root passionately against the Yankees, and I have since I was a small child. It's like, if you're watching a car race. . .if you hate somebody you root for them to have an accident. I've never rooted for the Yankees to have a car accident. I just want them to lose.

I guess I hate the MFY. A few days ago, I envisioned A-Hole pulling a Johnny Val knee collapsing experience and laughed to myself. Now, I am not wishing that A-Hole gets in a life threatening car accident, just a near career ending injury. Huh. Not sure what that says about me.

Does Ed have it right?

That is, we can't reverse, single-handedly, the media onslaught of the "absolutely obscene number of know-nothing broadcasters" who feed the self-fulfilling prophecy, but we can reject it for ourselves, on an individual level.

Again, I'm in no way suggesting we can't ever be critical or negative concerning what goes on in the field or elsewhere concerning the Boston Red Sox, but we need to dig deep to find the real issues of concern and not what we are simple told by way of the media to focus on or otherwise distract us.


I think so.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2