.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

COMING TO THE SOX

The following is great stuff from Paul Hagen and the Philadelphia Daily News from the mouth of Curt Schilling.

"That was a huge part of the attraction," he said. "I assessed the potential teams, all the pros and cons. And the Red Sox had one thing that no other team could offer. Instead of looking at it as a negative, I looked at it as a positive. The chance to step up and help this team (win) the World Series for the first time in 86 years.

"I've established myself by being at my best when it's on the line. People say I like the attention. It's not that. It's that I like to succeed when it's do or die. I went after it harder this winter than I've ever gone after it before, because it's the first time I've been in a win-or-else situation. We're not allowed to lose. And I love that."

"If we lose, it's really going to suck. Because these fans have welcomed me with open arms," he said. "I know as soon as I don't do as well as they expect they're going to be all over me. But that's all right, too.

"It's different here. It truly is. There are whole generations of fans, from children to their grandparents. It's like another element, another set of eyes watching you all the time."

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2