.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 26, 2004

UNPLEASANT, THEN PLEASANT SURPRISE

After hitting the gym and grabbing a bite to eat at Ken’s Pizza, (BTW, Ken’s has two plasma sets and the dish network. It will be my new hangout if MLB Extra Innings is ordered.) I walked home and checked the mail. And to my surprise, the latest Sports Illustrated was in my box. I am not a big fan of SI or any paper periodicals for that matter. If I can read the article without having to wait for the mail, flip through pages and ads to get to the story, then all the better. I find paper periodicals annoying. But I had the mag in-hand, so in-between commercial breaks of West Wing, I flipped through my free SI and to my amazement Moneyball author Michael Lewis wrote an epilogue in response to all of the criticism his book has received from the old school baseball community. It is brilliant like Moneyball. I highly recommend reading both of Lewis’ work on baseball.

The links below have excerpts of Lewis’ article and commentary. The article is not on the net yet.
Bronx Banter
Dodger Thoughts
Futility Infielder

Lewis’ comments and opinion of Ringolsby and Morgan are tough but seem to be accurate. Early last summer, Ringolsby and I had an email exchange regarding the A's draft philosophy. I opted not to post Ringolsby’s reply on El Guapo’s Ghost. He did not understand the central theme of my note and his prose and grammar were less than professional. It was not worthy of being on my blog.

Have a good weekend. I hope for post on V-Tek.com over the weekend and update site links. The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy so do not anticipate many posts. I will have an opinion posted on Nomar and Pedro's contract situation prior to Opening Day along with other news of interest.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2