Wednesday, February 25, 2004
• Ian Brown of MLB.com reported on Fox New England Sports Tonight that Pedro has mentioned to David Ortiz that he has thrown in the high 90s this winter. It is on!
• Who’s afraid of Big Bad Bud? The Big Bad Bud…The Big Bad Bud…the Wisconsin tax payers. Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel on HBO explores the Brewers sketchy financial situation. One Wisconsin Government Official in the segment says, "Be prepared Bud is on the way." DC, Portland, Northern Virginia and other cities interested in the Expos should take his words to heart. Doug Pappas, how many more days in Big Bad Bud’s tenure as Commissioner?
• Caple on Henry the Hypocrite.
• The MFY can not be confident in Giambi's health with Tony the former Tiger Clark and Travis Ordinary Lee signed to guaranteed contracts. Good times. Good times.
• The Sox have only knuckleballer Charlie Zink in BP's top 50 prospects with Youkilis and Shoppach listed as honorable mentions. The MFY do have a prospect to deal in July by the name of Dioner Navarro.
• Jayson Starks covers the arrival of Nomar and Pedro and no one seems to be interested in the upcoming season. The talk is about 2005 and 2003. It is 2004, right? How about some media attention about the best Red Sox team in the past twenty years?
• I agree with Greg Dickerson and Papa Jack that "Somebody's Got to Pay" should be the team’s new motto.