.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 08, 2004

PALMEIRO TO THE O'S

It appears Raffy is heading back to Baltimore. The only issue is whether the deal is one-year and an option. As I said yesterday, Baltimore is the only logical place for Palmeiro although it is not a good fit.

Note to the O's Co-GMs: just because you got money doesn't mean you have to spend it. Javy Lopez? $12 million for Tejada? With or without Vlad, the O's do not get out of fourth place in the AL B-East. Next offseason, the Co's will be kicking themselves for their signings this winter.

THEO COMES CLEAN. HOW ABOUT TITO?

Mike Cubbage is the man who saved at least two years of my life. If I had to endure "Send Them Home" Kim with Shady Chicken Little, I would be checking into the Betty Ford Clinic. My liver would be shot. So the way the Sox treated Cubbage was terrible. M.C. even gave up the opportunity to be the Head Coach at Virginia which was reported as his dream job.

``I think they've known this for some time, but I was just waiting to see if I'd get the decency of a phone call,'' Cubbage said from his home in Virginia. ``I am bitterly disappointed with the way the whole thing transpired, with no communication with the front office since Oct. 27. To be dangled this long, I don't think any coach deserves this.''

Said Epstein: ``There was some miscommunication. Terry Francona told Cubbie he was not going to be the coach, he told him a long time ago. There was miscommunication, but it was cleared up today. I told him I was sorry.''


Tito, it is your turn to apologize.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2