.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 30, 2004

MOVE WEST YOUNG MAN

McCourt, 50, who believes the Dodgers were a bargain, says he will pay over $200 million in cash in the purchase. He emphasized he wants the Dodgers to win immediately and plans to pay what's necessary to do so. Los Angeles finished with a $113.2 million payroll last year.

"We're going to have a $100 million-plus payroll," he said. "We're going to sign a guy who can hit."


Besides the probable funky financing of the deal, who are the Dodgers going acquire? The obvious target is I-Rod. He and Boras must be doing cartwheels after McCourt’s press conference. I-Rod in Motor City come on. But what about Nomah? Could the mega-deal deal be back on with the Dodgers – A-Rod for Manny, then Nomar for Greg Miller and Miller for Adam Dunn? I am now completely insane.

I thought the MFY could have gotten Beltre from the Dodgers after the sale went down because McCourt would have to eliminate some debt to comply with MLB’s "newly enforced" debt/equity ratio requirement. Darren Deirfort's contract ($24 million) and Beltre for some worthless players and cash would work. Apparently, I am wrong once again and further evidence of my insanity.

"I don't anticipate a trade," Cashman said. "There's nobody available on the trade market."

The MFY did sign Tyler Houston. There is no reason to waste any more key strokes on Houston but one should note that Tyler is one of Larry Bowa's favorite players.

Last September, the Phillies released him after he butted heads with manager Larry Bowa.
When Houston criticized Bowa after his release, the fiery skipper told the Philadelphia Inquirer, "He's a loser . . . I had 15 guys [players] doing backflips when we let him go."


This is the same guy that a Sox reliever ran into in Philly. Here is the story...

We were staying at the same hotel as the Phillies, which was weird. Larry Bowa recognized me at breakfast and thought for some reason I was one of his pitchers. I was sitting by myself, having gotten up early, and reading while I picked at a plate of hotel buffet food. Bowa slapped the Wall Street Journal out of my hand and everyone turned to look at him. He called me a 'preppy c***s***er,' and asked me if I'd been out all night searching for drugs or hookers. I couldn't speak, I was so shocked, and he continued to tear into me. If I threw another strike on an 0-2 count, he said, he'd tear my balls off and shove them up my nose, or...something. I'm not sure. He's so loud it's hard to make out the individual words sometime.
Then he started to sob uncontrollably. I picked up my paper and made my way back to the lobby.


At least I am not as crazy as Bowa. He should be committed and defintely not be managing a MLB club.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2