.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

The post below was written before yesterday's game. The Sox loss capped off a horrible day for the Ghost.

REALISM, PESSIMISM, OR SELF PRESERVATION?

It was a great weekend for the Sox taking two out of three at the Stadium. But if I counted correctly (BIG if), Tampa is one game over 500 after the break. Most recently, earning a spilt with Oakland and Seattle over a twelve game stretch. The Rays are playing some good ball and the O’s seem to match up well versus the Sox. It is not going to be an easy road to the postseason.

I think a part of me looks for any relevant facts to curb my enthusiasm regarding the Sox’s postseason and championship chances because I know that they will only break my heart in the end. At 27 years young, I barely recall 1986 and nothing but the lowlights replayed numerous times of 1975 and 1978. I have not really lived through Red Sox disappointments. I would like to blame the media for my pessimist attitude, but come on…I know that what occurred in the past has no influence on this season. I need to get it together and believe in this hitting machine, Pedro’s right arm, Lowe’s sinker, the dancing knuckleball and Theo’s revamped pen.

It is better to love and loss than to never love at all. Hopefully, I won’t have to experience the loss.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2