.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

My Mom says “If you got nothing nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.” So that is what I am doing. No Sox talk.

I do not watch much television besides sports and especially so during the baseball season. The quality of programming has continued to erode over the last three years to a degree that I rarely even give a new show a chance. (I am holding myself back from ranting about the blurring lines between journalism and entertainment and the complete “dumbing down” of all major media. I’ll save it for the boring winter months). With that being said, Nip/Tuck is worth a look. It airs on FX every Tuesday at 10 pm.

Before the first episode, it seemed like I was bombarded with promotions for the show. I am not sure if they were targeting my demographic, it was coincidental or the ads just stuck. Either way, the marketing team accomplished their objective and got me to watch the first show. It kicked ass and I am hooked for now.

I do not want to get into any details about the show since I hope you will watch it (I highly recommend the upcoming marathon starting on Monday). Basically, three friends from undergrad, two male and one female, are the main characters of Nip/Tuck. The two males are both plastic surgeons and partners in a practice. The female is married to one of the surgeons with two children, a teenage son and young daughter. The plastic surgery cases and the surgery itself are usually detailed and eccentric, which I bet is meant to hook in the viewer, but more importantly, the cases allow the viewer to understand the main characters better. The complexity of the characters and their competing desires within themselves and with each other is, what for now, separates this show from many others and keeps me locked on Tuesdays at 10 pm.

BTW, FYI, P.S. to all five people who visit the site with any type of regularity – Posts are going to be sporadic over the next two weeks or so. I will be traveling on the weekends and doing the whole moving thing.

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2