.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 11, 2003

The Red Sox Manager, Grady Little (a.k.a. Shady Chicken Little), sits in the visiting manager’s office at the Skydome in Toronto.

It is around 3pm yesterday and the phone rings.


SCL: Hello.

Theo Epstein: Grady, I have been trying to get a hold of you since I heard you may not start Pedro against the Yankees after the break. Where have you been?

SCL: I shut off my cell phone right after last night’s game. I needed a nap before the bus ride to the hotel. Theo, you know I need at least 12 hours of sleep a night without my rest I am a worthless fool.

TE: Okay. Okay. Your plans for the rotation need to change. Pedro has to pitch versus the Yankees. Those games are worth two in the standings.

SCL: Huh?

TE: I do not have time to explain. I will have an intern fax out a memo explaining the concept. It will be just like the one about Trot’s trouble with southpaws. Just tell the media before tonight’s game about the change.

SCL: Yes, Theo. How about extending my contract?

Silence

The phone clicks while SCL still has the phone to his ear.


SCL: I guess Theo had to go or is it me?

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2