.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 18, 2003

Over the next couple of weeks, unless something absurd occurs, I’ll only be rambling - short, poorly thought out comments on various topics. My longer, and in my own not so humble opinion, better posts usually get written on the weekends when I have more time to research, analyze, collect my thoughts and figuratively put them on paper to post during the week. I do not anticipate having much free time over the next couple of weekends and possibly a third if I get down to Baltimore for the Sox series. I have back-to-back open bar weddings that necessitate traveling – enough said.

While flipping through channels last night, I caught…
• the end of an interview with J. Ho and “Quack! It is time for the Ben Aflac trivia question.” I now have a little respect for Affleck. After J. Ho said they would let their future children decide whether to be Red Sox or Yankee fans. Affleck busts out with something very much like “then they won’t have a father!” Hilarious!
• the end of the Pete Rose espn trial that I have no interest in, but I did find on espn.com – page 2 other upcoming trials. One is Red Sox fans vs. Bill Buckner. The charge: endless pain and suffering (Firtz). Bob Stanley, Roger Clemens, Johnny Mac, well the whole freaking team should be on indicted for loosing not only game six but seven as well. The verdict: Guilty. The damages should be all of Buckner’s cut from the freaking autographed framed picture he is hawking in SkyMall - the bastard!

For baseball junkies, I read a nice article on one of my favorite underrated players’, Bobby Kielty, development as a hitter (thanks, baseballprimer.com). It also has a New England and Sox link.

"My dad would never let me swing at bad pitches — ever," Kielty said. "I learned that at a young age and it's a good thing."

But a key teaching tool was that 3D model of the strike zone. His father, a onetime high school pitcher and college football player at Boston University, had grown up in Massachusetts idolizing Ted Williams and his legendary eye at the plate
(Baker, Toronto Star).

How cool is that - a 3D model of the strike zone? Maybe, I will be making a few trips to Home Depot in ten years or so.

Unfortunately, Kielty is playing for the Jays. Great move by J.P., Keith Law and company.
http://waymoresports.thestar.com/

|



<< Home

0 Old Comments:

Thank you - Red Sox!

This site is not associated with the Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball nor Major League Players Assoication

© 2003-2010 Thomas J. Fratamico, III

All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Best deals on Red Sox Tickets at Ticketmomma.com. Over 25 years experience.

Who is El Guapo's Ghost?

Want to become a sponsor?

Follow ElGuaposGhost on Twitter

Join our team of experts that provide the latest strategies and tricks in Poker, we dare you to Playusout. If that's not your specialty, maybe you can try going Extreme in Europe, or visit our revolution portal at D-rev.

2009 A.L. Playoff Preview

Part 1 Part 2