Friday, January 12, 2007
• No media uproar about arguably this year’s best defensive player – Shawne Merriman - being on performance enhancing drugs.
• If the Pats OLB and others can keep Tomlinson from getting the corner, they have a good shot at containing him as a runner, but as a pass catcher…
• No other football player should be called L.T. unless they break legs, end careers, routinely go a buck-20 through the streets of NYC all jacked up on coke and win two Super Bowls.
• Will the Chargers’ speed rushers abuse Matt Light like Jason Taylor does twice a year?
• A big return from Maroney, Hobbs or Faulk would be a tremendous boost to the Pats chances of advancing.
• What’s that smell in San Diego? It ain’t the animal $hit from the zoo. Oh, that’s cockiness reminiscent of the Steelers back in 2001.