Wednesday, December 08, 2004
Since a review would diminish the DVD for folks that have not seen it yet, I decided to just bullet point my favorite parts.
• Big Papi running around town in a huge white Ty Law jersey.
• The All-Star Game highlights were nice. I ignore the “midsummer classic.”
• The clips from the ass kickin’ given to the O.C. club, Texass and Oaktown over nine games that virtually locked up a postseason appearance.
• Dave Roberts saying, before entering Game 4 to pinch run for Millar, Tito just gave me a wink and I knew what he meant.
• After Game 7, Tek and Wake hugging on the field in MFY Stadium after everyone had left with just a few lights on.
• Pedro yelling something like - Hey, Theo look at this. It is the American League Championship Trophy.
• Dewey Evans ending his conversation with Damon before Game 1 of the W.S. with simply “Win it.”
• The presentation of W. S. Game 4 in the ninth inning nearly brought me to tears; well done.
• The most telling part of the video and for me totally justifies trading Nomah is that he was the last person by far to jump into the pile with his teammates after the Billy Mueller’s walk off homerun off a Rivera in July. I knew it, Timmy.
One arbitration note: The Sox should consider upping their offer to Pedro, since signing any of the #2 starter free agent options would cost the club a first-round draft choice. With potentially three first round picks in the 2005 draft, plus the possibility for additional draft pick compensation, the upcoming draft would restock the Sox farm for the later half of the decade. Another opportunity like this to jump start the “$100 million player development machine” may not come along anytime soon.